Does my agency have to pay for my training registration fees?
- No. You are more than welcome to pay your own training registration fees.
Does my agency need to pay for my membership dues?
- No. To become a member, it is not required to receive payment from your mother agency. You are more than welcome to pay your own annual dues for membership which you can pay using your personal credit or debit card.
How do you vet membership applicants?
We review the applicant's provided information to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for the membership level of which you applied for.
- We contact you to schedule an interview over the phone to discuss you qualifications, experience and intentions.
We present your application and interview to the Executive Board and put to a vote.
- You will be notified via email of the outcome (If denied you will receive a refund for dues paid, your information removed from our applicant database and an email will be sent detailing the reasoning).
- Your membership package will be generated and sent to your preferred correspondence method.
Why do you require provided agency/organization contact information?
- To ensure you meet the minimum requirements for the membership level of which you applied for. If we receive the required information, your application will be streamlined. If not, we will contact you to request the required information and advise you to update it prior to acting further on your application.
What if I do not have regular access to my provided agency/organization contact information?
- As long as you can access it to receive respond to us, we will act on your application. Once your application has been approved, you may select your preferred method of correspondence.
What if I do not have an agency/organization provided email or phone number?
- We will then require you to provide some other form of verification (i.e. ID card, signed job offer letter, supervisor contact information, etc...). Once your application is approved, you may select the preferred correspondence method in your member profile. Moving forward, you may list your personal contact information in place of your agency/organization contact information. You may also petition the NMGIA for a domain email (email@example.com). Fees may be assessed!
Why do you require a profile photo?
- We require a photo of you for your membership Identification Card to identify you at events for security purposes.
What are your photo requirements?
- A color photo of you taken in the last six (6) months.
- A clear image of your face, do not use filters!
- Have someone else take a photo of you, no selfies!
- Take off your glasses for your photo.
- Use plain white background.
- No inappropriate clothing! We prefer you wear your agency/organization issued uniform.
- An official agency/organization or academy class photo may substitute and is preferred.